Des Moines International Airport
The Des Moines International Airport (DSM) is located on the southwest side of the City of Des Moines, approximately one mile from Iowa Highway 5. DSM is conveniently located a short distance from Interstate 35, Interstate 80, and Foreign Trade Zone 107. DSM is Iowa’s busiest airport and ranks in the top 50 airports for air cargo tonnage in the United States. The 2,600-acre facility is owned and operated by the City of Des Moines.
The airport’s features include:
• Two 9,000’ x 150’ all weather intersecting runways;
• 24-hour airport traffic control and radar approach control;
• 217,600 sq. ft. terminal building with 12 gates;
• Over 2 million square feet of cargo ramps.
• Over 100,000 square feet of warehouse space; and,
• Iowa’s only Port of Entry
Craig Smith, A.A. E., Aviation Director
5800 Fleur Drive #201, Des Moines, Iowa 50321
Phone (515) 256-5100 Fax (515) 256-5025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ankeny Regional Airport
The Ankeny Regional Airport is located at 3700 SE Convenience Blvd., accessible off Interstate 35 exit 90. The airport encompasses approximately 528 acres and offers a 5,500 foot main runway and a 4,200 foot crosswind runway.
The airport is owned and operated by the Polk County Aviation Authority Board.
Richard Ash, Polk County Aviation Authority Staff Administrator
Phone: 515-965-6420. E-mail: email@example.com